Saturday, October 1, 2011

You Had Me At Candle

We're a month and a half into the school year. Field trips to the pumpkin patch are on the calendar. Target has begun to display their Christmas decorations....And it's 95 degrees outside!!!! One of these things just doesn't belong here. And I'm beginning to feeling robbed of my favorite season.
So when today happened with a comfortable, breezy day in the 70's, you bet I busted out the candles, soup recipes and Fall decor. There's no going back now. I'm officially diving in, no matter what tomorrow's weather brings.
With my magical cinnamon candles lit, happiness is here. I'd sacrifice food for candles on a rough wintry day if I had to. They are just that wonderful. And this is how I displayed them today; a simple tray with tea lights and oatmeal. Coziness accomplished. Some of my other favorite candle/food pairings: tea lights nestled in coffee beans, dry split peas, or rice! Just be sure to only keep your candles lit in an occupied room, especially with the oatmeal. Likely not a fire hazard when they're in a candle holder, but best to be safe.

3 comments:

  1. Ummm I can almost smell them. I have plenty of rice and oatmeal - Costco style. I also have a little tray that has never met my expectations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!!! I will definitely be trying this.

    We missed you at church today. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing this right now. For some reason, I am obsessed with candles right now. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete