Friday, July 29, 2011

The Writing On The Wall

We're trying to squeeze in one more project around here before school starts. And believe me when I say, we've saved the worst for last. Not to say that this is the worst task on the 'to do list' of the summer, more that it is way overdue in it's need to be addressed. I'm talking about painting my girls' bedroom.
When we moved in, our oldest daughter was three and our younger was one and a half. We put the girls together and gave their room the total pink treatment. Since then, our girls have grown through some pretty important phases in their young lives, particularly that phase where little people are overtaken by the temptation to draw on walls. Let me tell you, our daughters are artists!

Note the unfinished paint job, which indicates the crown molding that was never installed. Yeah, we're pretty consistent around here... about not finishing projects. I plan to make that a New Year's resolution, I just haven't done it yet :)
Anyhow, I have failed to mention the real purpose for this post, and that is to send a shout-out to my little girl's preschool teacher. Please give it up for Ms. W., because without her perseverance, we could not be witness to this- J learning to write her name!
I would say there has been some real progress.
I have to admit that this writing on the wall is probably from sometime last year, and I scrubbed off a few other autographs before I started taking pictures. Like I said, we are way overdue in painting this room. When your children actually begin to notice how bad it's getting, you know you've waited too long.
Here's a preview of the new color...but we haven't finished painting yet :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that you waited just the right amount of time. When A recently shared with me about the 'writing on the wall' there was a true lesson learned in her voice. A one of regret. "Yep, we did it" kind of an attitude. Sometimes it takes years to learn the lesson the right way. Good job Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are those big people helping you paint? Seriously.
    PS. My word verification word to post this comment is: grace. Amen!?

    ReplyDelete