Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bedroom Makeover #3

After three babies, three moves, a new house, two credentialing programs (neither of which were mine), one master's degree (also, not mine) and a dwarf hamster named Zhuzhu, my husband and I have reached our eighth wedding anniversary.We decided to gift each other with a little bedroom makeover, making this the third one since we moved into our home four and a half years ago.
Because we're still counting the piano my husband received for his birthday last year, and the awesome camera I received for mine, as gifts for this year's holidays, we're doing this minnie makeover on the cheap. Which I guess somehow justifies a third bedroom redo in four and a half years.
Thankfully I don't have before and after pictures of the paint job, because honestly, the cave my room used to be just shouldn't be documented for any reason. However, I will share a few tiny previews of the updates that have happened since painting. Then I'll continue to show our progress, beginning with these new curtains my husband surprised me with.
It actually took me a few minutes to even notice that he had quickly changed the curtains while I was in the shower yesterday. My first anniversary surprise. I don't know how it happened, really. I've been frustratingly searching for curtains, and I almost couldn't even describe what I was looking for. He somehow saw into my mind and found these beauties at Target; of course. They are simply perfect. I think the best thing about them is that they propel us into this sort of fifties inspired theme (with a modern twist) as we continue to decorate, which I'm super excited about.
Another awesome surprise was this little "painting" we found at Joann Fabrics for a whopping 65% off.
Yes, my husband spent our anniversary with me at Joann's. This is true love, people.
Finally, we purchased all the goods for a little crafty project that will hopefully dazzle the top off our bedside table. More to come...and yes, that's paper.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!! That picture is so amazing and much better than the one that you showed me at IKEA. (don't get me wrong, i love the IKEA picture, but this suits you much better). And the guitar is a nice touch. Looks great next to the curtains. ;)
    You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...are the green walls out? Because if they are that means makeover #2 was not that long ago. Can't wait to see the whole room put together. Send your creative vibes my way because I might need to do some major makeovers of my own soon. Happy 8 years Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to one of the sweetest couples walking the face of the earth! You guys rock!!! I LOVE that you spent your anniversary inside of JoAnn's. :0)

    Chanel, we share a love of decorating. I say this all the time, but LET'S HAVE COFFEE soon!!

    Love you both...

    ReplyDelete